« Home | Next: The Choice »
| Next: No Small Potatoes »
| Next: New Residents »
| Next: Eggs: Healthy And Nutritious »
| Next: A Place To Call Home »
| Next: The Benefits Of Dark Chocolate »
| Next: Ouch »
| Next: Steak At Stake? »
| Next: Words And Actions »
| Next: Go Nuts »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Saturday, June 21, 2014

Questions And More Questions

We tend to run into things which are beyond comprehension. I had one of those moments not too long ago after a check-up with my rheumatologist. A tendon in my arm was giving me some problems and she decided to take x-rays of my hands and wrists to ensure I hadn't accidentally broken anything.

A few days later the nurse called me with the results. It so turns out that the RA had severely progressed in both hands and wrists over the course of several years. That came as a not so pleasant surprise to me and I didn't, and still don't, understand what happened.

First of all; it doesn't bother me one bit. I go about my business of the day without any pain or problems. That is a good thing of course, but shouldn't I have noticed that my bones had slowly but surely deteriorated more and more?

The second thing that puzzles me is the working of my medication. The Humira I am taking is supposed to stop the RA from progressing. It apparently didn't, which leaves me with more questions than answers.

Do you want to know the weirdest part of it all? Why is all this crossing my mind several weeks later? I know I have been extremely busy and preoccupied lately and I guess I just hadn't taken the time to let it sink in and ponder on it.

Well, the stupidest question is the one that is not asked. I will therefore write them down and ask them the next time I see my rheumatologist. I hope she can provide me with answers and if not, then I will simply trust God.

He will not put more on us than we can bear!

Mark 11:22
So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014