« Home | Next: A Place To Call Home »
| Next: The Benefits Of Dark Chocolate »
| Next: Ouch »
| Next: Steak At Stake? »
| Next: Words And Actions »
| Next: Go Nuts »
| Next: The Green Light »
| Next: Let Go »
| Next: Being Prepared »
| Next: Laugh Your Immune System Strong »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, May 09, 2014

Eggs: Healthy And Nutritious

I have been watching our egg-intake for years now. This was mainly based upon previous study results and warnings. Those warned us that consuming too many eggs (the yolk in particular) contributed to clogging of the arteries and hence could cause heart problems.

It always seemed strange to me that mainly the yolk would do that to a person since it has got all the building blocks for new life in it such as vitamins and minerals. I am no researcher though and I, along with the majority, believed what I was told and eggs were rationed.

It is good to know we don't have to shun them anymore. It has been scientifically proven that the egg yolks do contain everything our bodies need.

It actually has been shown that there are nutrients inside that calcium-rich shell which can even lower the risk of heart disease. The only thing an egg seems to be missing is vitamin C.

I am glad we can safely indulge in eggs again. They make many dishes taste so much better. I love hard-boiled eggs, especially with a pinch of salt. Don't worry; I don't use regular salt. I found a substitute that tastes exactly like it and can be used as salt in every dish.

Even though an egg is often seen as a symbol for life, let's not forget it was God who gave us life!

Job 6:6
Can flavorless food be eaten without salt? Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?

3 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

I love eggs. Eggs are good for us, Yay, Lieve Zus :)

May 09, 2014 7:14 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lieve Zus :)

May 11, 2014 6:29 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I love eggs too and it is good to know they are healthy and nutritious.

I hope and pray you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I most certainly did. :-)

God's Grace.

May 12, 2014 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014