« Home | Next: Questions And More Questions »
| Next: The Choice »
| Next: No Small Potatoes »
| Next: New Residents »
| Next: Eggs: Healthy And Nutritious »
| Next: A Place To Call Home »
| Next: The Benefits Of Dark Chocolate »
| Next: Ouch »
| Next: Steak At Stake? »
| Next: Words And Actions »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Friday, July 11, 2014

Practicing Patience

It has been a while since I posted, but there are times when either nothing is happening or everything seems to happen all at once. The past couple of weeks can definitely be filed away under the last category.

Out of the blue, I am confronted with a muscle spasm and my back goes out. It took several days to recover and I had barely resumed my daily chores when the grandchildren arrived. They will be staying during the month of July and most of their time is spent at our abode.

I have no problem taking care of them and seeing to their needs. It wears me out physically, but that is nothing a good night's rest won't cure. It is the mental and emotional exhaustion that sets in after several days.

It is not easy trying to compromise and solve problems to everyone's satisfaction. With having to watch three of those rascals it takes all the eyes and hands available and thankfully hubby's and oldest daughter's are. I wouldn't know what to do without them helping to lift the load.

We enjoy the kids, but the only thing I could use more of is patience. After a while I feel it wearing thin and I have to remind myself that I not only lead by example, but am one too. It is at those times I heavily rely on God to give me what is needed.

And He does! :-)

2 Corinthians 6:4
But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses,

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Praying for you, my dearest Lieve Zus (((HUGS))) You can do it. You're the best grandmama around (((HUGS)))

July 11, 2014 4:52 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Thank you. That is so sweet of you, lieve zus. We are doing the best we can. :-)

(((HUGS)))
God's Grace.

July 12, 2014 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014