« Home | Next: Water »
| Next: Lord, Have Mercy! »
| Next: Look What The Cat Dragged In »
| Next: Dialogue »
| Next: Food For Thought »
| Next: A Request »
| Next: Spineless »
| Next: Just For Fun »
| Next: Have We Got It Backwards? »
| Next: Hurricane Damage »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Sunday, August 28, 2005

Once More

Again another hurricane on the way: Katrina. So far it is developing in one of the worst hurricanes since 40 years. Projected path: New Orleans, Louisiana and the eastern shores.

We heard on the news there are about 100,000 people that have no means to evacuate! New Orleans is below sea-level and protected by levies. Therefore it's like a fish-bowl. Expectations are, New Orleans would be flooded by 15-20 feet due to storm surge. FEMA models 20-40% casualties!

Material damage is bad, but it can be rebuild, restored or replaced. A life can not. Please pray for all those that are in Katrina's path and have no means to leave. Thank you:-)

2 Chronicles 20:9
‘If disaster comes upon us—sword, judgment, pestilence, or famine—we will stand before this temple and in Your presence (for Your name is in this temple), and cry out to You in our affliction, and You will hear and save.’

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First...I wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog...and for your prayers. :)

And then I wanted to tell you that my husband and I just been discussing the sadness of the disaster that is headed toward New Orleans...and your scripture really struck me. That is very interetsing. Thank you for sharing that...

October 16, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Jaime:

Thanks for your visit and comment:-)
I can not begin to tell you how much any scripture is striking to me. Sometimes I just open the Bible without anything specific in mind and the first thing I read is just what I needed! And I am so grateful it.

I hope all of you are doing well.

October 16, 2005 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are y'all? I hope when Katrina hooked eastwards she didn't get too close to you!

October 16, 2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Lenise:

Thank you so much for your concern.

I guess by now you heard how much it affected the entire Gulf coast. It is catastrophical! Our city has lot of flooding, blown down trees and roof damage. We consider ourselves blessed!

October 16, 2005 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're ok!

October 16, 2005 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how are you doing. Did any of this storm do any damage where you live? I certainly hope not. Pray you and your family are all safe.

October 17, 2005 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll pray for them. c",) i'll put that on my list.

October 17, 2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Pia:

Thank you, that is very much appreciated. They need it.

Lenise:

Thank you so much for your concern.

I guess by now you heard how much it affected the entire Gulf coast. It is catastrophical! Our city has lot of flooding, blown down trees and roof damage. We consider ourselves blessed!

Pat:

Thank you so much for your prayers:-)We all are fine.

As I replied in the comment to Lenise, it did do damage. But compared to other areas we are so blessed. As far as it's effect on our home: shingles blown of the house roof, the roof of the storage building is partially gone and we have a big tree laying in our yard.

I will update soon about the hurricane.

God's Grace.

October 17, 2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014