« Home | Next: Treasures »
| Next: Happy Mother's Day »
| Next: Reaching Out »
| Next: Dutch Sayings Part III »
| Next: Do You Know? »
| Next: It's a Girl !!! »
| Next: Drawing »
| Next: Once Upon A Time... »
| Next: Habits »
| Next: Just 10??? »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Reminder

Yesterday, I had some mail that I needed to go to the post-office for. Amber offered to take me and I would just run in and out. Yeah, right. You don't "run in and out" of a post-office. You stand in line and wait till you weigh an ounce (Dutch expression, hehe) before it finally is your turn.

It was hot outside and I so dreaded the thought of having to wait. The little walk from the car to the entrance of the post-office added to that with perspiration and a worn out feeling. While walking up there, I was thinking:" Oh God, I wish there would be no one in there. I wish there wouldn't be a line. I hope I don't have to wait so long."

Entering the post-office, I saw there were only two people there! One old lady, who was attended to by the employee and an old man, waiting "in line" behind her. A feeling of relief and gratitude welled up in me as I thought: "Wow, that's a surprise!"

As I took my place behind the old man, he suddenly turned around and said to me: "Aren't you surprised that there is no line?!"
Hearing him wording my thoughts made me smile and I answered: "Yes sir, I am!"
He then turned back, waited his turn and went about his business and I was in and out before I knew it.

Coming home, I told Kc about it and while telling him, I used the word "coincidental", by lack of another. I was apprehensive about using that word because I don't believe in coincidence anymore. Everything happens for a reason. What could the reason be?

Considering this, I think God used the old man to remind me that He hears all and had granted me my wish. He had given me one of those small blessings that make such a great difference. And... He also kindly reminded me that I forgot to thank Him for that blessing. :-)

Thank You, Father. For all those blessings I take so easily for granted!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

15 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

I just love it when God answers in those "little" ways; the ones you could almost miss if you didn't stay alert...
He loves us so much.

May 20, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karen,
Well... I missed it at the moment! I think God knew I would. It was the only thing the elderly man said to me. That rhetorical question, wording my thoughts, just had to make me consider! And I am grateful it did :-)
I am so humbled by His love. God is good!

God's Grace.

May 21, 2006 4:47 AM  
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Sometimes we get so caught up in the moment that we forget to thank who made that moment. Thanks for the reminder!

May 21, 2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't believe in coincidences either. i believe too that everything happens for a reason. whether good or bad, they happen for a reason.

(((HUGS)))

May 22, 2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Marianne,
That is so true and I am glad God reminded me!
I hope everyone in your family is doing much better today and that all those "bugs" have left:-)

Pia,
When it's God's plan for us, then even the "bad" things are good. They may feel and seem bad at the time but in the end they turn out to be/have been for the best. It had to occur in order for us to be happy and have life. All things work together for good for those who love The Lord. :-)

Many hugs to you too, girl. Luv ya! :-D

God's Grace.

May 22, 2006 5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corry,
Isn't it amazing that He loves us so much to do those things? I always think about it in regard to parking spots! I drive a Suburban, so even the thought of a Target parking lot raises my bp. Yet IF I ASK, He always has the perfect spot for me. I'm not one to test Him, but it truly has never failed.
I never thanked you for your comment reminding me that you guys are always here for me, so thank you from the deepest place in my heart. There are still many rough moments, and it's good to remember others are praying for us.
love ya!
Karyn

May 22, 2006 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often refer to those moments as "Godinstances"......

What a great encouragement for you....

May 22, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Karyn,
Yep, ask and it shall be given to you!
I don't have the parking problem. I don't have a drivers-license, hehe, yet.
Aww you are more then welcome, anytime! And we keep you in our prayers:-)
Love you too girl :-)

Barbara,
Now that is a good word, "Godinstances"!
I hope it's also an encouragement for everyone else, knowing God hears :-)

God's Grace.

May 22, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Our Heavenly Father heard your little thoughts and wishes.
Yeah! Our God is alive.
Praise Him! Bless Him!

I'm so happy for you, lieve zus :)

May 23, 2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
That is awesome, huh?
Jesus loves us!!! :-)

En ik hou van jou, zusje.

God's Grace.

May 23, 2006 5:17 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Corry, lieve zus :)
Yes, that is indeed very awesome!
Yes, Jesus loves us!!!!!

Ik hou ook van jou ;)

May 24, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from Heaven above! Yep, Godinstance... that's what I call 'em too! I love it when he answers prayer so quickly and just know He smiles!

May 25, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
You are so sweet:-)
Thanks lieve zus.

Gina,
I love it too when my prayers are answered quickly, that is more in line with my impatience. Bad, huh? :-)
Godinstance is really a very good word. I like it.

God's Grace.

May 26, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger Maryrose said...

Thanks for helping me to focus on my blessings instead of the turmoil in my life. God is great and every day if I look close enough I can see that the blessings far out-weigh the Bad.

:-D

June 12, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Maryrose,
I pray your turmoil will be gone out of your life soon.

I think we can not be reminded enough of all God's blessings:-)

God's Grace.

June 14, 2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014