« Home | Next: Glowing With Excitement »
| Next: The Survival Guide For Obamacare »
| Next: Diabetes Causes And Prevention »
| Next: Home-Made Mustard: Healthy And Delicious »
| Next: Tips For Mustard Seed Uses »
| Next: Health Benefits Of Mustard Seeds »
| Next: Arthritis Gadgets Make Life Easier »
| Next: New Viruses Wreak Havoc »
| Next: The Similarity Between Colors And Medications »
| Next: Possible New Type 2 Diabetes Treatment »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Triple E Virus

I hadn't been feeling well for a few days and at first thought I was coming down with a cold. The first day my throat was hurting and my sinuses were draining. All that was gone the next day and I was left with a headache, feeling extremely tired, weak, and slightly nauseous.

I hope it was nothing but a short-lived bug, but I will have to keep my eye on it since Eastern Equine Encephalitis, or Triple E virus, has been diagnosed and warned about in our area. The virus is transmitted through mosquitoes and I have several of those bites.

The virus causes mainly flu like symptoms such as a temperature, fatigue, nausea, headache, irritability, restlessness, drowsiness, anorexia, vomiting, diarrhea, cyanosis, convulsions, and coma. These symptoms start between 4 to 10 days after the mosquito bite occurred.

Some people who are infected will not develop any symptoms, but for those who do, there is no treatment for the Triple E virus. Seeing a doctor right away is recommended and supportive treatment is the only option.

The elderly, children, and those with a weak immune system are most susceptible to this virus and a third of all the people infected with Triple E have died from it. So be careful and if you are not sure what is causing the overall malaise, consult your physician.

It is best to prevent mosquito bites by using insect repellents, wearing protective clothing, and staying indoors when mosquitoes are most active. I honestly don't think I have this virus. I suspect I have just been overly tired due to taking care off and keeping our three grandkids busy.

I am grateful and thankful I can and that they are here, even if it is only for a month. God will give us all we need, watch over us, and ensure nothing will happen outside of His permissive will!

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Take care, Lieve Zus (((HUGS)))

July 10, 2013 7:38 PM  
Blogger jel said...

hope ya get to feeling better soon.


we're still kicking around here. :)

July 10, 2013 8:33 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey and Janice,
Thanks so much. I still feel a little sniffly, but for the rest I am doing fine. Must have been some bug going around.

(((HUGS)))
God's Grace.

July 11, 2013 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014