« Home | Next: Unique Handiwork »
| Next: Turnips »
| Next: Controlling The Heat »
| Next: Humiracle Cure »
| Next: A Cool Roof Beats The Heat »
| Next: Can Exercise Replace Medication? »
| Next: Bankruptcy Attorneys Make The Difference »
| Next: This Year's Flu Shot Options »
| Next: Feeling At Home At The Doctor's Office »
| Next: The Choice »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Thursday, October 24, 2013

Patient Discounts And Savings

After having seen my Rheumatologist last week, I stepped out of her office with more than I bargained for and that is meant in a positive way.

First of all, I got my flu shot. It was a piece of cake. The nurse did a great job and before I knew it, it was done and over with. I asked what kind of flu shot it was, since there are several different types available this year, and after reading the information on the box she told me it was the three-strain.

She also advised me to take some pain relievers after getting home, because it was a really tough shot this time. It made her arm hurt for a few days and it took her a week to get over all the slight discomforts it caused. I took her advice, but had hardly any stiffness or pain in my arm. I did experience a few days where I felt like I was coming down with a cold.

I always ask the nurse if she has some Atelvia in store. Doctors get samples from the pharmaceutical representatives to hand out to their patients. The nurse usually gives me a month's worth of supply. It is free and hence saves us a pretty penny on our co-pay.

This time, she also gave me a 'patient savings card' with it. After activating the card and presenting it to the pharmacy upon refilling the prescription, we would pay less than half of our monthly co-pay. If you permanently have to take medications I recommend you search online or ask doctor or pharmacist if a discount card is available for it. Every bit helps.

I was grateful for the card. The nurse didn't have to give me one, but she did it anyway. Her act of kindness was an unexpected blessing. God works in mysterious ways! :-)

Psalm 117:2
For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014