« Home | Next: Liquid Vitamins Benefits »
| Next: Are You Getting Older?? »
| Next: Need For Speed »
| Next: Chives »
| Next: Little Treasures »
| Next: Respiratory Syncytial Virus »
| Next: Safe Plastics »
| Next: Web Hosting »
| Next: An Apology »
| Next: Uh Oh! »

RA-Related

Policy

Helpful

Recent

Archives





Site Feed: RSS










Monday, February 01, 2010

Are You Getting Older?? Part II

Okay, I mustered up the gumption to continue with part II of the list. If you already got depressed reading the first part, then I suggest you simply skip over the cold, hard facts and go to the end of the post.

You know you are getting older when:

- Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
- You feed your dog science diet instead of fast food left overs.
- Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
- You take naps.
- Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3.00 AM would severely upset your stomach instead of settle it.
- You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
- 90% you spend in front of your computer is for real work.
- When you desperately read through this entire list hoping to find something which does not apply to you.

I loved that last one; that was right on the money. There is one consolation to aging: we have gained more wisdom over the years. At least I hope so, but in my case that is iffy. I still don't understand that I am no spring chicken anymore. Grin.

Job 12:12
Wisdom is with aged men, And with length of days, understanding.

1 Comments:

Blogger "Guppy" Honaker said...

Oh that was so funny. And the whole list applies to me now! (Well, no Science Diet as I don't have a dog. But I do give my also aging cat special foods.) And I agree, the last one is the best - seeing if anything doesn't apply to oneself!
Okay, here's something else for the list that the late, great, George Burns said, "You know you're getting older when you bend down to tie your shoe and think, 'is there something else I can do while I'm already down here?'"

- David

Aloe Vera 101

February 03, 2010 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2005 - 2014